Oct 4, 2010

Excited about October!

Friday was October 1st, and I'm already excited. It's the first month in quite a few months that has something to look forward to.

October finally really means Autumn. The beautiful leaves, the crisp air. Being able to open my windows to let the breeze in. Being able to take a walk without sweating buckets. I love autumn. It's my favorite season.

[Me on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville a few years ago.]

Halloween. I love it. I love the fun it stirs up, the decorations, the crafts. I haven't been that crafty with this holiday the past couple of years, but something about this month, this time, makes me want to CREATE. There's so many tutorials out there for fun Halloween crafts. I'm hoping that our house will be a little less chaotic towards the middle of October, so I can feel okay about decorating and not adding to the madness. (With building the shed, rearranging furniture and reassigning room functions, my house right now is in a state of disaster. Arg.)

[In 2008, carving pumpkins.]

[The end result! "B" for our last name.]

And this year, I want to go out and DO something for Halloween. It's been a while since I've done that, too. The last time I really dressed up in a costume, I was an Oompa Loompa. And a pretty awesome one, too. In fact, when Kevin's sister, Kevin, and I walked into a club that night, a guy actually applauded my costume. It probably worked to my advantage that I'm a full foot shorter than both Kevin and his sister!

[See what I mean? This was in 2006, btw.]

That much closer to meeting Adelaide. Can you believe how close I am? Only 10 weeks to go!

So do you love October? What do you love about it? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Autumn!! October is my absolute favorite month too! I love the way the air even -smells- cooler. I love the brightly colored leaves, crunching on them as I walk. I love that you can wear sweaters and scarves again but its not so cold that you don't enjoy being outdoors! I also love doing arts and crafts and playing dress up for Halloween. And there are so many great activities in October - apple picking, pumpkin carving, corn mazes, haunted houses, etc! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!