You are three months old today! I can't believe how big you've gotten. It will still be another month before we go back to the doctor, but I'm already excited to see how much you've gained. It is so amazing to look at you and know that you grew from something so small in my belly to the little girl you are now. And to know that you've grown this big and chunky solely from my breast milk makes me so proud that I can do that for you. Sometimes breastfeeding isn't easy, like when you have gas, or my milk comes out too fast and makes you choke, or when my breasts get sore. But it is so worth it to give you the best, and I cherish the moments when you're curled up next to me in bed, drinking, and holding my hand.
Just as the second month of your life crawled by, so did the third. It feels like you have been a part of my life forever. (Maybe you have been? I have been dreaming of being a mother for a very long time!) It's hard to remember life without you in it. Hard to remember sleeping in and going out for a random date night. Hard to remember room in the bed and watching movies. I feel so out of touch sometimes with the world. There are so many movies I want to watch but don't have time to, and so many new songs on the radio that I have no clue about! But I love spending my time with you day in and day out. On the rare occasion that your dad takes you for an hour or so, I start to miss you, even if it's been a tough day. I love you so!
This past month you:
- Started sucking on your hands like crazy! Sometimes we can hear you from a different room and it looks like you're trying to fit your whole hand (or both) in your mouth!
- Started to notice your hands. This has actually just been the past few days. You'll put your hand on my arm while I'm changing your diaper and just stare and stare at it. It's adorable to watch!
- Began to reach out for things. More specifically, your activity center that you lay under. You are starting to bat at the toys that hang down, and also reach across to spin the spinners.
- Are really beginning to make more vowel sounds to tell us when you're happy. You still haven't laughed yet, but you definitely let us know when you're in a good mood!
- Have begun to scream when being put down on the changing table, though you'll cheer up when you realize you're naked again.
- Turn your head to look at us when we talk to you, and you're gaze will follow us as we move around the room.
- Started to rub your eyes when you're tired. It's so cute!
- Started to notice yourself when we put you in front of the mirror. You'll smile and watch yourself really intently.
- Started to drool like crazy!!! You are soaking your shirts!
- Haven't taken any naps longer than 30 minutes, unless I'm napping with you!
I tried to get your daddy in here to write a little bit for you, but he has perpetual writer's block. I thought it'd be nice for you to have something to read from him when you're older. All he could come up with was, "She's soft." Take it from me, although it's hard for him to write what he feels, he tells you every day that he loves you, adores you, and thinks you're beautiful. And I'm sure he'll continue to do so, because you are such a bright light in our lives. He loves you so very much. When he comes home from work, sometimes he'll come give you a kiss and forget to kiss me too. That's how much you shine in his eyes!
Your daddy and I love you so much! I'm so excited to see what this next month holds for our little family! xoxo
Love, your momma