Mar 17, 2011

Project 31: Day 15.

Day 15. Write to encourage a friend. Inspire her beauty.

Dearest Hannah,
I don't think I need to tell you that you're beautiful. You are so uber-confident, it's scary. You can sport any hairstyle (or the lack of one) and still be pretty. You can go makeup-less and still be pretty. You can dress girly or like a boy and still be pretty. Your feet can resemble a bear, and you're still pretty. You can can throw temper tantrums and maps and still be pretty. You can drink loads of coffee and be all jittery, and you're still pretty.

But more than that, you're a woman, a mother, a best friend, a sister, a daughter. You're gorgeous, my dear! You've been steady in my life and despite being polar opposites we stick together and I can count on you to listen to my vent, to laugh hysterically with me, to dream about mansions with two wings that we can share with our families and our many, many children.

You inspire creativity. Fun. Laughter. Thought. You're sweet, and open, and weird, and stubborn. Totally awesome.

Love you!

[Hannah and I, back in 2007]

1 comment:

  1. :) Ah, heck: :D. I love you too! You have definitely been there with me through a long chain of fascinating, transitional, personality-developing, odd, and hilarious critical moments of life. You're an irreplaceable friend, one of the very few constants. You have always been beautiful and strong, and now you're a beautiful, strong momma. And I couldn't be any happier for you.

    Thanks! Day-brightener for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!