Mar 15, 2011

Project 31: Day 12.

Day 12. Write about what wears you out as a woman.

Shaving my legs every other day or so.
Worrying about how my belly looks when I wear certain shirts, and if other people will notice, too.
Plucking my eyebrows constantly so they don't start looking yeti-like.
Straightening my hair every time I want to go out (again, so I don't look like a yeti.)
This is all beauty-based, I realize, but it IS exhausting. And I also realize that three out of those four things have to do with hair. Yuck.

But on an emotional level, I get worn out obsessing over how much I can and do give in relationships, and then about how much I think I should be getting back. And then when I feel that it's unbalanced, I worry that I'm trying too hard, or not enough. I don't think most men think about that, do they? They seem much more at ease with where a relationship might stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!