Mar 10, 2011

Project 31. Days 10 and 11.

Day 10. What are you learning as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just woman in general?)
As a wife: I am learning to appreciate all the things my husband is doing for me and Adelaide, even if it takes away time from us right now, so that he can build up his business to support us a little more later.

As a mom: I am learning that Adelaide comes first. Well, I learned that on day one. But even if I'm in the middle of a really good sentence reading a book... even if I really have to pee... even if I am drop-dead tired... she comes first. When I get frustrated with not having time for me, I remember that when I chose to get pregnant, I chose to put her first. And then she'll give me a sweet smile and I'll forget all those feelings of being rushed or tired or stressed, because that smile instantly calms me and melts my heart.

As a woman: I am learning to accept me for who I am. I am not 6 feet tall. I don't have super straight perfect hair (I have frizzy hair that I straighten to get rid of the frizz, which then adds more frizz... and repeat.). I have hairy arms (thanks, dad). I have baby weight. I have long skinny feet. I have a dimple in my butt, blah. But I am me. Nobody else out there is like me. I am getting more comfortable in my skin, and although I straighten my hair and want to lose the baby weight, I'm alright just as I am. Something about going through the process of becoming a mother has made me more comfortable with all my little imperfections. My husband and my daughter think I'm beautiful just as I am, so why can't I think it too?


Day 11. Post a recipe.

Crockpot Veggie Soup
The most delicious veggie and bean soup. Ever. And it's vegan too.


Ingredients:
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas (the best beans! so delicious!), drained and rinsed
11 oz. broth, I use veggie broth
1 cup water
1 pound frozen veggies, any variety
1/2 cup dried pasta, any kind (not pictured, whoops!)


How To:
Combine all ingredients except the dried pasta in the crockpot.
Turn onto low setting and cook for 8 hours.
After 8 hours, dump in 1/2 cup or so of any dried pasta you have on hand and cook an additional 15 minutes.
DONE!

[Here is the soup pre-cooked.]

1 comment:

  1. I love you babe! Your a great mom! It's funny how a tiny smile from her will wipe away hours of frustration... I think you are doing awesome, and I know Adelaide appreciates it... mwah!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!