I've set out to make a quilt for my baby girl. I've never made a quilt before, but I saw this and decided I had to make one. I think there's something endearing about a mother taking the time to make something for her child (at least, that's what I hope Adelaide will think!). I'm sure there will be some snags in the road, but so far it's looking good. :)
I spent any free time I had at school/work cutting out the pieces. In total there are 288 bits, but there are more that need to be cut (I'm thinking I need to add some rectangular pieces to finish out the edging, but I can share all that later!).
[Here are all the pieces stacked together. It doesn't look like much, does it?]
[And fanned out so you can get an idea of the colors. The lighting isn't the best in this photograph as it was taken with Kevin's cellphone, but you get the idea. The really light piece on the right is actually a light turquoise.]
[I laid it all out (all 288 pieces) to figure out color placement. I'm glad I did that because there ended up being a lot of switching things around until I was happy with what I had. Again, the lighting isn't the best, but you get the idea!]
[And a close-up of the layout. I love all these fabrics. Some of them I've had forever (like the dark blue and the dark teal ones) but some of them are newer purchases from Hancock Fabrics... nothing special but it will match Adelaide's room very well!]
More updates on the quilt coming soon!