Apr 8, 2011

Rub a dub dub.

Bathtime around here is a special event. Every night, sometime between 7:30 and 8:30, depending on little Miss Adelaide's level of awakeness/fussiness/ready-to-go-to-bedness, we give her a bath. We've been doing that for about a month now in hopes that she will eventually associate bathtime with bedtime.

And she loves bathtime. I don't know how ready it makes her for bed, since she gets really vocal and splashing... but she loves it and since it makes her so happy there's no way I'm cutting it out of the routine. I look forward to giving her a bath because I love the way she jumps her body around in the little whale bathtub to make splashes, and how she smiles and smiles when I pour the water all over her body. I especially look forward to bathtime on tough days, because I know it will be a fun reprieve from anything that's been going on that day.

(I think she likes it so much because she's naked again. It never fails, as soon as we lay her down to put on her diaper, she starts wailing... *sigh*)

I had Kevin take some pictures of Adelaide all wrapped up in her towel. She's so cute with that little hood over her head and all her little pudgy arm rolls. Kevin called her "the Michelan Man's girlfriend."


All together now: "Awwww..."

2 comments:

  1. Here from Spearmint's blog hop! Beautiful pictures and even prettier family.

    I'm following and hope to see you, too!

    http://parentwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!