Jul 25, 2011

Yummy Monday: "Cheesy" Roasted Chickpeas

These are some seriously tasty chickpeas. I love love love chickpeas, and use them whenever I can. This recipe is vegan, and it is super easy and tasty! Give it a try and let me know what you think! It's from The Vegan Lunchbox by Jennifer McCann.

"Cheesy" Roasted Chickpeas
serves a few, unless you love chickpeas like I do... then you can munch on them all day!


delicious

1 can chickpeas, drained
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp nutritional yeast (I used 2 heaping tsp)
1 TBSP canola oil (I used 2 tbsp)

Ingredients

Drain your chickpeas, and rinse.

Drain and rinse

Pour all ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir.

Add extras

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chickpeas in a single layer.

Single layer on baking sheet

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. (You could use a toaster oven for less energy usage.)

roast

Enjoy!

{If you are interested in contributing a recipe to Yummy Mondays, please contact me. The only requirements are that the recipe be vegetarian and yummy. You must also include step by step instructions and lots of pictures!}

3 comments:

  1. These look yummy! Will be raiding the larder as you are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids LOVE these! They usually don't make it to the oven. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! These are SO yummy... I should make some more soon; it's been a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!