Jan 19, 2011

Project 31. Day 9.

What virtues do you value in yourself?
To be honest, I had to look up the word "virtue" in the dictionary. I didn't know if it was the same thing as "value" or not, so I looked it up. The definition I like is "
a particularly efficacious, good, or beneficial quality; advantage"... so, basically the same thing, right?

Well, the good qualities I like in myself: compassion for all living things. I am a vegetarian because I know animals feel, just like people. I am sad when I read/hear about someone dying, even if it's someone on death row who did something terrible themself. I brake for butterflies and swerve for squirrels. I can't watch really sad movies without getting upset because I automatically think about it happening to someone in real life.

I'm honest. My best friend says that she likes my advice because it's brutally honest. Why lie when you can sincerely communicate?

I'm organized and kind of a clean-freak. My husband may beg to differ about this being a good quality, because I can tend to drive him nuts with it. But I believe that taking care of your surroundings shows respect to yourself and the people you share those surroundings with.

I'm also funny and smart and nurturing and crafty and appreciative and happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!