Jan 24, 2011

Project 31. Day 1.

You know how some blogs do a thing a day for a certain number of days, following a theme? Well, I'm about to start doing that. I don't know that I'll actually get to it every day, as it really depends on the babe's naps and temperament each day, but I'm going to try.

Mandy over at She Breathes Deeply started a project based on Proverbs 31. If you want to read it, hop over there. Based on that proverb, she's come up with 31 prompts about beauty and being a woman. Now, I'm not religious, so I'll probably skip over a couple of the prompts (or make up my own), but I think it's a great way to start an internal conversation with myself about beauty. And being a new mom with a totally different body and priorities, it's important to understand what true beauty means.

So each day, I'm going to write according to that day's prompt, given by Mandy. I'll still post about Adelaide, of course! But this will be a little side project...


Day 1. What does beauty mean to you?
A person is beautiful when they appreciate life. When you are truly happy and can enjoy the little things in life, the people you surround yourself with, and your own self, you are beautiful. (Ever hear a guy say that they find confident women beautiful? It's true.)

Some of the little things in life I enjoy:
my daughter, my husband, my cats... they are my family. rain. fluffy green grass. the smell of baking bread. cheese, how i miss you and love you so! pawprints. a letter from a friend. musical numbers in tv shows. hitting all green lights. clean, tight sheets and a poufy comforter. freshly shaven legs (mine!). the colors green and teal. really sharp pencils. a clean house. crunchy leaves. my cat wheeze-sleeping on the chair. my daughter wheeze-sleeping on my chest. when my husband's wedding ring hits mine when we hold hands. 80's music. symmetry. art. pretty fabric. pretty pictures. finding a good deal. a deep laugh. inside jokes. good hair days.

Being in love with life is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!