Aug 31, 2011

Today was a good day. (Together, onesie, pool.)

It felt like fall today. It wasn't too warm or too cool (of course). The morning felt crisper than normal, not weighed down with the muggy feeling of late. I wore Adelaide on my back and swept the porches, watered the tomatoes, tidied up. It was so wonderful and nice. I hope tomorrow is the same. I want to hang clothes on the line and have lots more playtime on the porch, without the sweat.

We had a really good day. Not fussy at all. Good naps. I was productive, and yet we were still together. She likes being held, worn. It doesn't matter to her if I'm vacuuming or dusting or sweeping. She likes being close, is so content. She's started to flex her legs in the carrier so that she bounces. It's really awfully cute.

I like having the side door open (glass door closed, though) to let the light into the kitchen. Tan One, our indoor cat, likes to sit at the door and stare longingly outside. She can't spend too much time out there or she'll start itching like crazy and scratch her ears till they bleed, poor thing. Adelaide likes to sit there and watch the trees moving in the wind, playing with her magnets, looking awfully cute.

onesie


I made this onesie for her. I used puff paint. I was inspired by Alisa Burke. Mine isn't quite as elaborate, but I'm hooked. I'm going to get some onesies in the next size up, along with some other colors of puff paint and see what I can come up with. I like this one all the same. It looked really good with her brown pants and dark teething necklace.

We also spent time in the pool. Well, she did. But she also spent a lot of time climbing in and out of the pool. I think the water may have been a little too chilly for her liking. But oh, her swim diaper is just too cute! So much better than the disposable swim diapers.

pool1

pool2


I hope you had a really great day! Tomorrow we go to the day care for another visit (went yesterday as well). She's really doing great. I, on the other hand, can't help but count down the days in a sort of weird limbo. 5 1/2 weeks until I leave my baby (boo!) but also 5 1/2 weeks until I can teach art again (yay!). It's strange to be on both sides of the spectrum with this going back to work thing.

Anyway, I hope you get more sleep than I inevitably will...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!