Aug 19, 2011

Friday Crafternoon v.7 (and happy weekend!)

Hey there everyone! A special hello to a few new friends; I hope you enjoy what you find here at Our Little Lentil and please leave any comments to let me know what you think :)

There is SO much inspiration out there on the internet. It's hard to organize all that wonderful, colorful, creative, unique stuff that I find. Usually ideas just sit in my bookmarks folders for... um... years? So having this space to highlight some of the projects I find is so good for me. I get to remember what I thought was so cool to begin with!

I hope you enjoy your weekend. We're in the midst of a sleep-strike it seems. Adelaide has conquered some new skills that she wants to practice for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. It's a back-and-forth struggle of sitting up and me laying her back down, among other things. STRESSFUL! I feel bad for poor Kevin, who has to get up to work and isn't able to take naps... then I feel bad for me when I think of how this may not get any better and then I'LL have to be getting up to run after hundreds of kids all day without a nap either!

Anyhow. Hopefully I'll find time to spend at my sewing machine, or with some paper for some crafts that I've got in mind. I've also been contemplating going to a non-instruction figure drawing class on Saturday morning. I know I'll be awake :) so I thought I might go try something that I used to love doing! I'll let you know!



I love this paper-embroidered magnetic bookmark! Fun gifts, and I can see adapting the idea for my classroom too!

This drawstring bag would be perfect for wooden blocks, flash cards, or small figurines!

And this would be a perfect market bag! And it's reversible!

One more bag: it's titled an Apple-Picking Bag, but I see it as a perfect bag for library books with it's boxy shape... just add a sturdy piece of cardboard at the bottom for support!

Fall will be here before you know it! Make a felt hat for your little one... super cute!

Easy peasy hair band.

I made a few of these pom pom flowers about a year ago. They are no more, due to a crazed baby.

These owl printables are cute, if not a little scary-looking. Add some googly eyes to liven them up!

Want to make your own soap? Another way to control what ingredients you bring into your house and onto your body!

So. Freakin'. Cute. An elephant push toy easy to customize, perfect for that little kid in your life.

And finally... do you use those disposable swiffer pads? Think of all the waste. Make some reusable swiffer pads that can be tossed in your washer and used again and again! Use old towels, or splurge on terrycloth that matches your kitchen!

Make one of these felt crayon/notebook holders to keep in your purse or diaper bag for occupying your kids. Long car trips, restaurants, grocery store, you name it!


Create & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!