Aug 5, 2011

Friday Crafternoon v.6

It's already been another week??? Holy cow, time is flying. I can't believe it's August already!

Anyhow, we're leaving tomorrow a.m. for Asheville, a place that holds my heart. Well, not Asheville specifically, but the mountains. I went to college there, got married there, and someday I want to live there. I can picture myself in a remote cabin on a lot of land, growing a garden and tending chickens, with laundry drying in the sun, my baby (babies?) playing in the woods. Picturesque, ideal, and definitely doable in it's own time. Someday, someday.

Anyhow, I've actually been able to craft a little bit this week! I've made it a point to spend some time at the sewing machine, though I won't tell you what I've been working on exactly. I'm making a gift for someone, and I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise. But the important thing is: I'm CREATING. And it feels GOOD.

Here's some crafty inspiration for you. I hope you find time to sit at your sewing machine, or with your paint, or scissors, or even in the kitchen... where ever you go to MAKE SOMETHING!



I picked up a ton of paint chips the other day, for this mobile idea and this art piece idea. I plan to work on the latter during our road trip this weekend!

I can totally see me wearing this necklace. And I can see how it would be a great project for some older kids... seems very camp-y to me.

I love this windchime! The bright colors, the patterns!

With all the storms lately, I'm sure there are some downed branches in the woods I could gather for a project like this! So pretty!

I love Shel Silverstein. When my bestie Hannah and I were teens, we stayed up super late one night cutting out letters and illustrations from construction paper to recreate "The Castle" by Shel on her bedroom wall. A lot of letters and a lot of taping later, it looked awesome! These stitched works reminded me of that!

Gorgeous. I've used sunprint paper to make a print of my engagement ring. And of course in my art classroom. This take on sunprinting is so pretty to me!

I can't wait to make toys for Adelaide (well, more advanced toys)... like this fishing game (though I hate real fishing).

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!