Aug 29, 2011

Computer-less, sort of. (And loving it.)

My computer doesn't work. A few days ago, I unplugged it, and forgot to plug it back in. My battery is a piece of crap, so of course it shut down. When I plugged it back in, all the blue lights near the cord part turned on, letting me know my computer was indeed getting power. But when I pressed the power button... nothing. No matter how many times I pressed it, and no matter how long I pressed it... nothing.

I was bummed for a little while. Really. Not too long ago I had to take the darn thing in twice to get serviced because the screen died. Twice. And my battery sucks, like I said. And of course my warranty expired not even two months ago, and I don't have the money to pay to get it fixed.

(Of course I can use my husband's computer, like I'm doing now, but still.)

But I'm not so bummed anymore. Being laptop free, frees me. Really! I no longer feel the pull to check facebook, blogger, hotmail. Well, I do, but it's not as easy to come to the back room with the baby, entertain her, keep her out of things, and do all of the above on hubby's computer. Whereas before, she could play in the living room, on the porch, at the fridge with her magnets, and I just had to move laptop from point A to point B to point C, etc.

Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself.

I actually starting reading a book last night, people. It's been MONTHS since I've opened up a book besides my baby food cookbook or my breastfeeding book. This was an honest-to-goodness half-hour of leisure read that wasn't tied to someone's real life. I am a habitual blog reader. I waste so much precious time reading about OTHER people's lives that I squander my nighttime me-time. It was so nice to curl up on the couch and read one of the many, many, many books on my shelf waiting for me.

I could get used to the no-computer thing. Sorry if I've been neglecting your blog, but, well, I'm READING. (And cleaning, and cooking, and playing with the baby.) You'll understand, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!