Sep 13, 2011

The past two weeks.

Oh my, does time sure go by fast. I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. Almost two! With my laptop being out of commission and me gearing up (whether mentally or in the physical sense) for returning to work next month, I just don't find the time to sit in the back room on my husband's computer to do much of anything online. Or maybe I've realized that my priorities have shifted for the moment. That preparing for the inevitable and getting used to new routines is what's most important now? I think that's it.

I'm trying to go to bed much earlier, since Adelaide's sleep is SO unpredictable, horrible, sporadic at night. In a month, morning naps will only exist on the weekends, and so much more will be expected of me whether I got 4 hours or 6 hours of sleep. (Any more than 6 really will be miraculous.) It's hard to let things around the house go in order to make myself get to bed just a couple hours after Adelaide, instead of waiting until she wakes up (the first time, usually 3 hours after going down). But I know it's what I'll have to do, so I'm starting now to get used to it. In a couple of weeks, I'll deny myself my morning naps, to give myself time to adjust to living without them.

I've also been doing a lot of research, when I can, about things that I can do to manage my time better. Already I feel that I don't have enough time to take care of Adelaide, take care of myself, have healthy food cooked, keep the house clean, and then maybe have time for my husband (forget crafting, reading, etc.)! I am anxious over not having enough time for all of that, plus having a full-time job. So I've been brainstorming ways to make things easier. I'll share those later.

5


Adelaide is SO SWEET! For the past two weeks, she has been standing independently, so proud of herself. She's up to a minute or more sometimes. Her toes curl in like she's gripping the floor, and it's so cute! She can even bend down to pick something up and stand back up without falling. She can stand herself up from a seated position as well!

She's also been "sharing"! If she has something she's gnawing on, and I come close and smack my lips, she'll hold it out to my mouth. It's usually pretty gross and covered in slobber, but I always say "thank you for sharing"!

6


AND, she gives kisses! If I make kissy sounds, and say "kisses?", she'll lean her head in so I can kiss her. No lips yet, but to me, she's giving kisses and it's the most adorable thing ever. I can't wait until she hugs, too, but I'm enjoying these first sweet moments of affection.

I'll write more later. I'd love to hear what you're all up to! Enjoying the slightly cooler weather? Any special moments? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. your daughter is adorable! her philtrum is the most amazing thing ever (weird that that's what i notice?!). that chub! that smile! good job, guys.

    ramona has started smiling (and not just when she's gassy) and i can't get enough of it. her coos and squeaks melt me every time.

    i totally get what you are saying about not having enough time. priorities do shift, indeed, with a little one, but i really would love a clean house. i let myself take one afternoon nap with her but the rest of the time i try and get through my daily to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!