Feb 17, 2011

A spring in my step, the Ergo, and link love.

It has been beyond beautiful here in mid-NC lately. I'm loving it. Today's high is 68, so this morning the babe and I took a nice 30-minute walk. Here she is in an Ergo baby carrier:

(I know you can't see much of it, but that's what you get when I'm home alone with her and Photobooth is hands-free photography!)

You see her cute little jacket? She can finally fit in her 0-3 month clothes, and we broke this bad-boy out for yesterday's walk. It's freakin' adorable! I'm a fan of polka-dots anyhow, but big dots on a little baby? Aww...

Anyhow, about the Ergo. About a month ago, I went to a local babywearing meetup group. It was my first social outing since Adelaide had been born, but I was confident in going because I would be around other mamas. As opposed to going to the grocery store and crossing my fingers that she wouldn't start wailing in the middle of the produce section.

The babywearing group leader hosted it at her house, and there were 4 other mamas there. Let me tell you, it was SO wonderful to be around other women who share the same parenting philosophy as I do! They all babywear, of course, but they also cloth diaper, and at some point during the couple hours, we all had our boobs out to breastfeed! :) I don't know any of the women, but it doesn't matter: just having kids gives an instant starting point for conversation. Adelaide was the youngest there by far (the next oldest being 8.5 months old, and a chunkster!), so she was adored by all.

The group also has a lending library, full of lots of different carriers donated by different local stores. I paid $5 to check out the Ergo for the month, just to try it out. Aside from having trouble snapping the upper-back buckle, I love it! It's MUCH quicker to put on, roomier for Adelaide, and stylish to boot. Kevin and I are planning on getting one with our tax refund. We can't get it now because it's kind of pricey (around $100 or so), but we definitely want one. I'm returning the Ergo to the group Saturday, when the next meeting is.

Do any of you have an Ergo? Want to share thoughts? Any other carriers I should check out?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And for some link love...

How to do milkmaid braids. I may try this tomorrow!

Kiddie Pen Pal Club... if Adelaide were older, I'd totally sign her up! I had a penpal once when I was a kid, but I can't remember where she was from. I'm thinking somewhere in Asia.

Homemade Granola Recipe. This looks so delicious and wholesome, and easy!

Double Potholder Tutorial, some crafty inspiration for you!

And finally, a wonderful dad blog for you: Adeline's Daddy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!