Feb 13, 2012

Three Things.

Life is crazy. Crrraazzzyyy. I have so many things to catch up on, but I'm choosing only 5 to gab on about. In no particular order:

1. Despite my "resolution" to stop eating so much junk food, my addiction to M&Ms, Sprite, and chips got a bit out of control the first month or so of the year. SO. Kevin and I have decided to challenge ourselves, TOGETHER (which is a big deal, makes it so much easier to be held accountable, you know?) to be junk food FREE for at least the next 2 weeks to detox our bodies of all the sugar and hopefully begin to retrain our tastebuds to turn towards the healthy stuff more than the junk.

Yesterday was our first day, and we did good! I made some homemade ranch for our baby carrots (never buying the bottled stuff again!), a nice healthy dinner, and lots of water! Felt good to be on track again for the first time in a long time. The trick now is keeping junk-free during work. That's my weakness - the vending machine candy and Sprites. Being sleepy means craving the sweets.

2. Adelaide has been SICK! It sucks, too. She's had a cough for the better part of a week. Wednesday and Thursday nights were the worst of it. She'll wake up coughing in the middle of the night and often start crying because it upsets her so. :( It makes this mama sad. And sleepy. We debated taking her to the doctor, but decided against it because there's nothing they could really do anyway unless she had a fever. Which she didn't/doesn't. That would indicate an infection, and they'd then give antibiotics. But no fever means no doctor for us for this issue. So lots of homeopathic "Vapor-Rub" on the chest and feet, lots of fluids, and lots of steam treatments. Turn the shower on as hot as it can get, plop the girl on the bathroom counter (heat/steam rises) and play with mama's jewelry box. :) She's getting better, thank goodness! More steam treatments tonight.

3. My sister in law had a precious baby girl! Alice Grace came on February 2nd, and she's just over 13 months younger than Adelaide. I can't wait to have them grow up together. I can see them playing in the woods, digging in the dirt, searching for fairies and sharing secrets. Or maybe I'm totally wrong. Maybe they'll be in tutus with play makeup, creating cheers and listening to their version of Selena Gomez. I'm really hoping for the first setup, though I know they are who they are, already. I'll love them however they turn out!



So that's it for now. More later, I hope, as long as little miss can get to feeling better and quit throwing tantrums and wearing this mama out. Oh, I didn't mention the tantrums? Yeah, that's a whole boatload of FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!