May 31, 2010

1st Trimester Wrap-up

Today it hit me: This is the first day of my 2nd trimester. !!!

These past three months have literally flown by (and can anyone believe 2010 is almost halfway over?), and it struck me that the time between now and mid-December - when I will hold my little baby for the first time - will pass just as quickly. I want to really enjoy this time in my life, my pregnancy, and want it to take as long as possible because once it's over... it's over. But at the same time, I want December here so quickly... I don't care what I miss on the way, as long as it gets here!

Anyway, I thought it might be nice to do a little 1st trimester wrap-up.

So far I've gained 4-6 pounds, depending on the day and what I ate the night before. Which is right on track, from what I've been reading and from what my midwife has told me. Up until Friday, when I told everyone that I was pregnant, I was super paranoid about looking pregnant. I didn't want people to guess until I told them. So I had a few nights of agonizing over what to wear to work the next day. Amazingly, these past couple of days, now that everyone knows, I feel a sense of relief knowing that I can be pudgy and it's okay! Shew!

I haven't been sick at all, thankfully! My only symptoms, other than a bit of weight gain: tender breasts, tons of fatigue, and an aversion to vegetables.

Aversion to veggies... as a vegetarian, this sucks. All I've wanted to eat are carbs - bread, sandwiches, pizza, pasta. I'm eating healthy carbs - whole wheat and whole grains, but still... Corn has been okay, as well as green bean casserole. Other than that... nothing. Fruit's okay, so I've been loading up on strawberries, fruit smoothies, berries, pineapple, and fresh peaches.

Whoops... can't forget those mood swings. I've always been a bit moody, but wow. One moment I'll be so carefree, the next I'll be crying because I'm frustrating at being so out of energy, and the next back up again. Kevin's been SO good to me... very understanding and helpful. From day one, he's been so attached and in love with this baby, so of course he's going to take care of the resident moma. :)

Day one of stage two... almost done.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your pregnancy goes by slowly for you also so that you can enjoy every minute of it, I missed being pregnant after I had Laura. It is still hard to believe that you and Kevin are going to be mommy and daddy I just get so happy for you everytime I think of you guys. It won't be long before little lentil begins to move :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well little lentil is already moving but you get to feel it to, you get what I mean lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every single one and try to respond to most of them (during the baby's naps or in between loads of laundry). I value any and all thoughts, advice, and tidbits that you want to share!